Broward County Transit (BCT) is launching the start of this project, which will develop a 10‐year transit development plan (TDP). This plan will assess the current transit system, evaluate existing and future needs, prioritize future projects and services, and create a vision for transit in Broward County.
BCT Connected will include the following sections
- Baseline conditions – information about population, employment, and transit system trends
- Public input – opportunities for the community to participate in the process
- Goals and objectives – statements to guide the actions to produce the desired outcomes
- Transit demand – assessment of the need for existing and new services
- Future directions – setting of the direction for transit for the 10‐year period
What does the TDP mean for me?
The TDP process gives you the opportunity to tell BCT what works for you, what does not work for you, and how you would like transit to be improved in the next 10 years.
How can I get involved?
Throughout the TDP process, you will have many opportunities to provide input. An on‐board survey will be conducted on a sample of all BCT routes to collect rider feedback in mid‐May. BCT will host community meetings, conduct an online survey, and be out and about in the community at a variety of places—farmers’ markets, churches, civic association meetings, community organization meetings, and other public spaces.
Visit our website where you can:
- Complete a brief survey about transit.
- Sign up to receive BCT announcements via e‐mail.
- Read documents as they are prepared.
- Find information about upcoming events.
Don’t miss this opportunity to help shape your community’s future!