DIVERSE ECONOMY, AND
EASY MOBILITY CHOICES
PORT ST. LUCIE, FLORIDA
The purpose of the City of Port St. Lucie’s Neighborhood Program is to support the City's goals of stable neighborhoods, quality housing, a diverse local economy, easy mobility choices, and enhanced leisure opportunities for active lifestyles.
The original city designers gave little consideration to the diversity of land uses needed to adequately service a city with a large and growing population.
The study area neighborhoods do not have a primary central business district or commercial town center.
TODAY AND TOMORROW
The Neighborhood Action Plans developed by Tindale Oliver will help guide City policy, physical change, and decision-making in the Planning Areas over the next 10–15 years that will:
- Communicate and provide a path for realizing each Planning Area’s vision.
- Identify policies and recommendations designed to influence future growth and guide City decision-making.
- Balance the community's vision and goals with private partnerships.
- Create activity centers with a mix of commercial, residential, and/or institutional uses that now or in the future will serve as nodes of activity.
- Integrate arts and culture to create a stimulating environment that reflects and enhances the heritage, diversity, and character of the Planning Areas.
- Facilitate vision-focused and consistent day-to-day decision-making.
- Recommend identity/branding, urban design improvements, public realm amenities, land use/zoning changes, parks and recreation enhancements, and multimodal transportation improvements to serve the Planning Areas now and in the future.
SEE ALL PLANNING/DESIGN SOLUTIONS »